Monday, 30 July 2012

Die-cut delight

I've not had much inspiration lately when it comes to card making as I've too many other things going through my mind ... daughter visiting, booking holiday and such like ... but on a recent trip around blog land I came across a challenge to make a card from die-cuts and as I'm getting a bit of a collection of dies now, I thought I should see what I could come up with.

I loosely based the design on a sketch from Willow Sketchie

I used a hammered effect base card with a doiley and pearls from my stash. The dies - Cheery Lynn DL112 butterflies, Marianne Creatables LR0147 bird cage and Marianne Creatables LR0111 flower - are all cut from pearlescent card with some silver gems for the centre of the flowers.

I shall enter this in the following challenges
Samuel Taylors Crafts challenge 'Create a card using die-cuts'
Willow Sketchie challenge 'Sketch and/oe Anything Goes' (I used the sketch and theme)
The Crafty Pad challenge 'Things with wings'


  1. This is just beautiful! Thanks for playing at The Crafty Pad this week for our Things With Wings Challenge!
    Good Luck
    Dawn xx
    PS I have candy on my blog.

  2. I love this card Andrea, I love the soft purple on the white background and your flowers are perfect.
    P.S. Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week.

  3. Brilliant card Andrea. Your design is perfect and you have some gorgeous dies! Love the flowers and butterflies.
    Lorraine x

  4. Stunning card Andrea, love the doily on the hammered card, beautiful die cuts,
    Kim xx

  5. Really pretty card Andrea. Simple and Elegant. Love it!
    Caz x

  6. Hi Andrea, your card is stunning! I love the CAS style and touch of purple on white...very classy! Perfect for our THINGS WITH WINGS challenge at THE CRAFTY PAD this week, thanks for joining in!
    Hugs, Ali x

  7. Great Card.I love what you have done with my sketch its brilliant. Thanks for playing on Willow Sketchie this week, Hazelxo

  8. Kanda this is fabulous great design Hugs Elaine

  9. Absolutely Beautiful creation!~ Great JOB!~
    Thanks for joining us at Willow Sketchie. Good Luck!
    -Sony WSC-DT


Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.