Pages

Sunday, 16 December 2012

Just Resting My Eyes

Well here's my second card of the day and this time it's a birthday card I made for my dad on his 92nd birthday last week. He doesn't really appreciate cards so they only manage a couple of hours on the shelf (if they even get there) and then they are straight in the bin! Anyways this is the card I made using  a stamp from Ladybug Crafts Ink called 'I'm Not Asleep Wrinkley' which was so apt, because for as long as I can remember Dad has never 'been asleep' but 'only resting his eyes' insisting he heard every word we said about him!!
I coloured the image with Promarkers and then layered it onto a piece of brown card and then straight onto a hammered effect base card. The sentiment was made on the computer. So a very quick make card and yes it did end up in the bin the next day!!


I shall enter this in the following challenges
Passion For Promarkers challenge 'Include the Word Happy in the Sentiment'
I Love Promarkers challenge 'One For The Boys,
Willow Sketchie challenge 'Quick makes or Sketch' (I chose the quick make)

Thanks for dropping by today and I hope you liked my creations xx

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Andrea. Love the great image. Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fab card Andrea, your Dad sounds just like mine - never asleep ....
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. great image and lovely card
    Hugs and Xmas Wishes
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. He he, what a super image, your Dad is sure to love it. Thanks for joining us at I Love Promarkers xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super card for your Dad.Such a fun image.I think we all know someone who's not asleep!Thanks for joining us at Willow Sketchie Challenge.Hope to see you again next week :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Andrea, what a fun card. I love the image and your colouring is fab (it reminds me of my dad too!). Thanks for joining in with our Mega Christmas challenge over at PFP and good luck!. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  7. brilliant male card andrea.fab design and i love the image.
    thanks for joining in our Mega Christmas Challenge at PFP :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.