Pages

Thursday, 7 March 2013

A Secret Box for Mum

Good Morning to you all. I hope you're having a good week and looking forward to the weekend.
We have a new challenge starting today over at the Paper Crafting Journey which is sponsored by The Paper Shelter who are giving the lucky winner a $20 gift certificate for their store.
This fortnight we have the theme 'anything but a card' so I decided to try something I'd never made before - a secret box with a miniature mother's day card.

After I'd made the box I used cream hammered card as a base for the panels and top. The gorgous fairy is by The Paper Shelter which I coloured with Promarkers and then cut out and attached with sticky pads. I used several different dies for the other 3 panels. For the miniature mothers day card I used stamps and pencil crayons. There are quite a few photos showing all the panels and I've listed what I used at the end.








Here's what I used
Image -  The Paper Shelter 'A little bit grumpy'
Paper - Pink Petticoat 'Vintage Rose collection'
Stamps for miniature card - all free with magazine
Punches - butterfly, daisy
Dies - Marianne Creatables LR0111, LR0129, LR0154, LR0156, LR0157, LR0180 & Craftable CR1211
From my stash - ribbon, gems and a stick-on butterfly

So why don't you head over to Paper Crafting Journey to have a look at what my team mates have made and we'd love you to join in so we can see all your creations.


I shall enter this in the following challenges
Totally Gorjuss challenge 'Anything Goes with Pink'
The Ribbon Girl challenge 'Add Ribbon or Twine' (I went for ribbon)
Bearly-Mine challenge 'Mother's Day'
Everybody-Art challenge 'Butterfly'
Papertake Weekly challenge 'Anything Goes with the option Mother's Day or Special Female'
Creative Inspirations challenge 'Happy Mother's Day' (maximum 10 challenges)
Songbird challenge 'Mama I Love You - Mother's Day'
By The Cute & Girly challenge 'Favourite Things' (my dies)
Marianne Design Divas challenge 'Favourite colours' (pastels - pink and cream)
Natalie and Amy's challenge 'Die-Cuts'

Thanks for popping by and I hope can leave me a comment as I love reading them all xx

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful project....Love the image and gorgeous papers.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super project, gorgeous colouring and great embellishing. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous secret box Andrea, pretty papers and beautifully embellished - what a lovely surprise inside as well!
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful box and I love the mini card too. Gorgeous papers and embellishments.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful box....I love it!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful box. Thanks for joining us at Totally Gorjuss this week.
    hugs Anke

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic creation, just love it hun!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Natalie & Amy's this month, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous and beautiful box and a fabulous gift idea thank you for joining us this week at Bearly Mine Challenges
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very lovely looking creation with great design. Your box looks smashing. Thanks for playing with us over at the bearly Mine challenges this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh this is brilliant I LOVE that box and the way you have added the card in the envelope :D Thank you for joining us at Natalie and Amy's and good luck.

    Huge hugs

    Amy xx

    P.S. If you would like to go on a crafty weekend or a day break there are still spaces on the one I run yearly in October.
    For more information CLICK HERE

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!! A fabulous gift!!and a great design for your little box! Thanks for joining us at BMC this time hope to see you again soon
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh creative and stunning, fantastic work
    Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog - Tiggertastic

    Designing for:

    Sketch Saturday , Bearly Mine Designs and Kenny K

    ReplyDelete
  13. Een prachtige verpakking voor de lekkere ferrero's! Leuk met het envelopje. Prachtige kleurtjes.
    Dank je wel voor het meedoen bij MD Divas.
    Groetjes Tineke

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is one delicious creation. I'm sure your Mum was thrilled with it. Thank you for sharing with BTC&G's Favourite Things challenge.
    Geraldine

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful project!!!! Love the secret box and the funny image. Thanks for joining us this month at BTC&G and we hope to see you again next challenge. Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.