Pages

Tuesday, 26 March 2013

A Sparkly Pink Winter

Well it's another chilly day here in the East midlands, but at least the sun has been shining again and the snow has started melting.

For my card today I started off with all the papers, embellies and such like as well as the sketch that I intended to use set out on the table in front of me... and then I made something completely different. It was one of those inspiration moments where I just couldn't bear to take anything away from this oh so sweet image, so it's ended up with no papers and minimal embellies.

The image is Nellie Snellen 'Sharing a Biscuit' which I coloured with Promarkers and chalks (for the sky). I matted this onto silver mirri card and then onto a hammered card base. A while ago I had one of those 'doing' moments when I got a load of paper bits and cut a lot of flowers using various different dies and just put them in a box, so I'm not sure which of my dies I used for these flowers. I added a couple of pearls and a bow from my stash and then emptied the bottle of Stickles for sparkle.

The photo isn't so great as the sun insisted on poking his head through the window.


I shall enter this in the following challenges
Winter Wonderland challenge 'Pretty in Pink'
Crafty Catz challenge 'Sparkle with a Bow'
Charisma Cardz challenge 'Die-cuts'
Bearly Mine challenge 'Girly Pink'
Ladybug Crafts Ink TLT challenge 'Anything Goes'
I Love Promarkers challenge 'Anything Goes' (my 2nd entry)
Bunny Zoe's Crafts challenge 'Girly' (my 2nd entry)
Sparkles Christmas challenge '3 flowers, 2 gems, 1 image' (my 2nd entry)
Natalie and Amy's challenge 'Die-cuts' (my 2nd entry)
Joanna Sheen challenge 'Come Rain or Shine - weather related'

Hope you're having a good week and thanks for dropping by.

18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous CAs card Andrea. I love the image, she's adorable.

    Thanks for joining this weeks challenge at I ♥ ProMarkers
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, love the sweet image...Thanks for joining us at Joanna Sheen Challenge this fortnight.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous,love the design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful , cute card. Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a lovely image and such soft pinks, a lovely pretty card, thank you for joining us at the Winter Wonderland this week.
    Hugs Kate x
    ps there are two lovely new blogs for the Hobby House the link is on my sidebar, would love for you to join us

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab colouring, love the way you have used this image. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is soooo pretty Andrea. LOVE the image and simple layout. GORGEOUS.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous and beautiful card Andrea love the image and colour's thank you for joining us this week at Crafty Catz
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. pretty card
    thanks for joining us at Charisma
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous image and a beautiful clean and fresh card Andrea!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A really cute card! so lovely. Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Crafty Catz. Naomi x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet card!
    Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty Andrea, such a gorgeous image - I can see why you didn't want to use lots of patterned papers and embellishments, your clean layout is perfect.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Andrea, Your card is absolutely beautiful and such a fab image too! great embellishment and beautiful layout.....thank you for joining in our challenge "3-2-1" at Sparkles Christmas Challenge and good luck l hope you will join us again next time too! DT Member Sandra H xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant card and thanks for joining us at Ladybugcraftsink this fortnight and good luck..... Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card.Coloured to perfection.Thanks for joining in with us over at Sparkles Christmas challenge.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your girly and pinke winter card. Thank you so much for joining our Bearly Mine Challenge this week. Good luck!

    Hugs, Natascha

    ReplyDelete
  18. wonderful card - Thanks for joining us at LCI ths fortnight for our anything goes challenge
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.