Pages

Thursday, 8 August 2013

Distress / Vintage with the PCJ challenge

As promised I'm back with my DT card for the Paper Crafting Journey challenge sponsored this fortnight by The Paper Shelter who are offering a $20 Gift certificate to the lucky winner. The theme is distress / vintage and I must admit it is definitely not my favourite. There are some crafters out there who can make the most amazing vintage style cards and I'm afraid I'm not one of them, but after all it is a "challenge" so nothing ventured nothing gained as they say and this is what I made.

We were given some fabulous sponsor images to work with and I decided to use the pre-coloured 'Spring Princess' printing it off twice so that I could decoupage the flowers and the girl. For the background I ripped a piece from a photocopy of an old document I had (from my family history research) and brushed both that and the base card with a 'Tattered Rose' colour distress ink pad. The dies I used are all Marianne Design Creatables LR0143, LR0145, LR0147 and LR0157 and the 'Happy Birthday' sentiment stamp was free with a magazine. All the rest - lace, ribbon, bow, pearls, pearl spray and flowers - is from my stash.


I shall enter this in the following challenges
The Ribbon Girl challenge 'Birthday'
The Paper Shelter challenge 'Punches and Dies'
Cute Card Thursday challenge 'Dieing to Punch'
Bearly Mine challenge 'Tic Tac Toe' (digi image/sentiment/flowers and also pink/ribbon/digi image)
Totally Gorjuss challenge 'Anything Goes with Pearls' (my 2nd entry)
Papertake Weekly challenge 'Anything Goes' (my 3rd entry and this time I used the option vintage)
Ladybug Crafts challenge 'Something Floral'
Natalie and Amy's challenge 'Celebrate'
Marianne Design Divas challenge 'Layer It Up' (my 2nd entry)
Inky chicks challenge 'Lovely Lace'

Thanks for dropping by and I shall be round to catch up with you all over the next few days.


13 comments:

  1. Andrea this is a stunning card love all of your extras that you have added a very pretty card indeed.

    Hope you are well.

    Traceyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Andrea. The image looks fabulous and I love the design and pretty embellies.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous ,love the image and fab colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful card Andrea, such a gorgeous image and great design.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spring Princess looks fabulous and what a beautiful card, thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Shelter. Hope to see you again soon! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab design Kanda, love your use of embellishing. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is beautiful love the image and absolutely gorgeous card
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful creation, thanks for playing along with us at BEARLY-MINE CHALLENGES x Carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous creation in beautiful colours!
    Thanks for playing with us Bearly Mine Challenge!
    Nela xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty Kanda! The image is gorgeous and I love the die cuts you've added - just perfect!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the card Hun very cute thank you for joining us at our challenge this month at Nat and Amys Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the dies and the adorable paper shelter stamp!Thanks for joining TPS challenge! DT Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kanda,
    Just popping over to Congrat you on being the winner over at The Paper Shelter :) I wanted to come & see your design, which btw is outstanding! Love the image & I really love all the layers, the lace, the flowers & the colour combo you have used. Thank you so much for sharing. Hugz, Lisa.

    P.S Would love for you to come, visit & like. Why not enter the DT Call? :)

    Dreamtime Designs: www.etsy.com/shop/DreamtimeDesigns
    Blog: http://dreamtimedesigns.blogspot.com.au (Blog Candy)
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/DreamtimeDesigns
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/DreamtimeDsigns
    Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/LisaWDesigns
    Dreamtime Designs Craft Challenge: http://dreamtimedesigns.blogspot.com.au (DT Call)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.