Pages

Tuesday, 19 November 2013

Shhh, Santa's Here

Well he will be soon with lots of goodies (I hope).

Talking of goodies, this fabulous stamp I've used was in the surprise package I received from the lovely Dorte (along with lots of other wonderful things). It is the Stampavie Sarah Kay Santa and I think he is just super with his sack of toys, especially the little panda peeping out.

I decided to try something totally different with this card and used some scraps of paper on white card to make a checkerboard background with a Marianne Creatables LR0161 lacy edge. After colouring the santa with Promarkers I cut him out leaving a little white card round the edge so he would stand out and attached him with sticky pads. The sentiment was saved from a decoupage sheet and also attached with sticky pads.

I'm pleased with the result, especially as it's a great way to use up all of those old scraps of paper and card but I really would love to know what you think of it too.






I shall enter this in the following challenges
I Love Promarkers challenge 'Red and green'
Sketch Saturday challenge 'Sketch'
Simon Says Monday challenge 'It's a mystery' (what else is in santa's sack?)
Bearly Mine challenge 'Christmas traditional colours, red and green, using die-cuts'
Dream Valley challenge 'Clean and simple'
Oldie But A Goodie challenge 'CAS christmas' (scraps of paper and die are over 6 months old)
Penny Black and More challenge 'Anything goes' (my 3rd entry)
Stamping Sensations challenge 'Christmas' (my 3rd entry)
Without Words challenge 'Getting ready for christmas' (my 2nd entry)
Pixies Snippets Playground 'challenge 99 Snippets'
Crafty Calendar challenge 'All things christmas'
Vintage Stamping challenge 'Traditional christmas time' (my 2nd entry)

Thanks for your visit today and I hope you'll come back again.

20 comments:

  1. A fabulous card Andrea. The image is gorgeous and I love the background
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great care Andrea, love the image and the LO too, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous Christmas card Andrea, I love the checkerboard background that you have created and your fabulous Santa image.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Red and green is always my favourite for holiday cards and I love this one! Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great idea for using you scraps up. I like the santa image set to one side too. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great snippets card. Your inchies look fabulous and set off that Santa image so well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kanda!

    Brilliant card - super use of snippets and in a very clever way. I do love the Santa - the 'peeping panda' is adorable :) Lovely colouring too.

    Welcome to the Snippets Playground, hope you come and play with us often!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, fabulous design and beautiful santa card.
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black and more;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning design, and beautiful image!Thanks so much for playing along with us at Penny Black and More!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, Kandra! I love the bits of patterned paper. What a lovely way to showcase your stamped image! Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. A super Christmas card Kanda and a jolly snowman, perfect for my CAS challenge at an OBAG, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kanda. I think the scrap papers look amazing when mosaic-ed like this...great co-ordination of colours. Beautiful!
    Thankyou for joining us at Vintage Stamping Challenges
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fabulous Christmas card! Gorgeous papers. Thanks for joining us at stamping Sensations this month and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A great way to use up those little left over pieces of paper! Santa is coloured beautifully and I love how you have interpreted our sketch. Thank you for playing along with us at Sketch Saturday. Hugs Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely bright and cheerful card and a great use of snippets.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black & More this month.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card and great use of the Traditional Christmas Colors. Thank you so much for joining our Bearly Mine Challenge this week.

    Hugs, Natascha

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just popping back to say Thanks for joining this months challenge at Without Words.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a pretty card you have made. It fits the Bearly Mine Challenge this week well of “Traditional Christmas ie red and green”. Thank you for taking part and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful! Fresh and colorful! Thank you for joining us at Dream Valley!
    Hugs, Macarena DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow superb colouring and layout, absolutely stunning creation :)

    Thank you so much for joining us at
    Without Words Challenge I Hope you will try to join us again :)
    Have a lovely day
    Crafty hugs
    Bridget :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.