Pages

Wednesday, 22 January 2014

One for the 'Lose It' pile

Hi everyone. Do any of you ever make a crafty purchase and then regret it? That's what I did with this Little Claire 'Ever So Lovely' stamp - I thought it looked so pretty but when it arrived in the post I inked it up, coloured it with Promarkers and then stared blankly at it. For several days after I was still staring blankly at it and then it got put in the cupboard. So there it's been, hiding away for over a year, until my last crafty sort out when I decided that it may work with the small CAS style cards I've been making recently using scraps of leftover papers. The sentiment is from my stash.

I guess the card looks okay but I must admit for some reason this stamp doesn't really work for me. One for the 'lose it' pile I think and anyway it's already been replaced by some LOTV stamps that dropped on the doormat this morning!! (Just had to take advantage of the 3 for £10 sale didn't I?!)



I shall enter this in the following challenges
Sketch Saturday challenge 'Sketch'
Divas By Design challenge 'Anything goes'
Penny Black and More challenge 'Love is in the air'
CAS on Sunday challenge 'Lovely dovey'
My Mum's Craft Shop challenge 'Love' (my 3rd entry)
Without Words challenge 'Spots and/or stripes' (my 2nd entry)
Pixies Snippets Playground challenge 'week 108 - use snippets'

20 comments:

  1. Love what you made with your 'not-beloved' stamp....gorgeous card...thanks for playing with us at Divas by Design!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kanda,
    now isn't this the most sweet card.
    Great stamp. I can't believe it's taken you so long to use it in a card.
    Love your design and paper used in the gem of a creation.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty card Andrea, I can't believe you are putting the stamp in the 'lose it' pile - a fabulous CAS design.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous cas card Andrea. Fab image and colours
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Know just what you mean Kanda, I am the same with some cards but I do like this one.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Andrea

    I think that stamp is too lovely to lose, great result. Love the fishtails too :)

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaah what a lovely stamp and a great layout too.

    Thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More this month and good luck, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it is a lovely card and image too. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday! ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. how gorgeous is this love it
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty card! I love the stamp!
    Thanks so much for sharing at Penny Black and More!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, it is an adorable image, Andrea, and you've certainly showcased it beautifully, but I know exactly what you mean. I have a few of those images, too. Images that I take out every once in a while and stare at for a long time. I just KNOW they could make a fab statement on a card, but I'll be darned if I can figure out HOW?!

    Have a great weekend playing with your new toys!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning sweetie this is gorgeous hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet card! Great design even though you are not crazy about the stamp anymore! Thanks for joining us for Sketch Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, beautiful card, lots of air, love the style.
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black and more;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card works perfectly for me.
    Love the pink backing papers and like di says those little fish tails are a perfect combination.
    Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card for our challenge CAS on Sunday!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge!
    Mariken xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so pretty. I love the CAS design and such a cute stamp. Love the fishtails.
    Thank you for sharing this with us at Diva's by Design.
    Have a lovely week.
    Hugs Sharon. x
    {Nellie’s Handmade Cards}

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super sweet card! I love your stamp! It really is adorable!
    Hugs, Marie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow absolutely stunning creation fabulous image and colouring :)

    Thank you so much for joining us at
    Without Words Challenge I hope you will try to join us again next Month :)
    Have a lovely day
    Crafty hugs
    Bridget :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. So gorgeous Kanda.Fab pretty image and i love your cas design.
    Thanks for joining us this month at the Without Words Challenge :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.