Pages

Thursday, 9 January 2014

Wedding Day Wishes

I've made another new year resolution craft-wise which is 'use it or lose it'. Yesterday I spent quite some time just sorting through paper pads and made 3 piles - definitely, maybe, and won't use. I know we crafters tend to hoard the tiniest bits of paper, ribbon etc 'just in case' but I must admit to feeling much happier after discarding the 'won't use' pile and am much more likely to make use of the 'maybe' pile as well as making a little space for some new goodies!!

For this wedding card I've used Memory Box 'Twirling Vine Frame' die with some ribbon twirled around it, then I added flowers made with Cheery Lynn 'Miniature Rose' die and a Dovecraft punch. The base card, Sylvia Zet wedding bears topper, sentiment, heart charm and pearls (the flower centres) are all from the Hobby House.


I shall enter this in the following challenges
The Hobby House challenge 'Ribbons'
Ready-Teddy-Go challenge 'New beginnings'
My Mums Craft Shop challenge 'Love' (my 2nd entry)
Oldie But Goodie challenge 'New beginnings' (ribbon and dies are over 6 months old)
My Craft Creations challenge 'Anything goes' (my 2nd entry)
That Craft Place challenge 'Charming'
Pixies Snippets Playground challenge 'week 106 use snippets' (I used snippets to die-cut & punch flowers)
Creative Inspirations challenge 'Blooms and pearls'
Winter Wonderland challenge 'Teddy bears' (my 2nd entry)
Papertake Weekly challenge 'Anything goes' (my 2nd entry)

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and for all your lovely comments, I really do appreciate your company.

23 comments:

  1. Oh WOW KandA this is so gorgeous. It goes without saying that the image is gorgeous but I love the trailing flowers. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Your card is just super cute! Love the focal image and you did such a great job coloring! :D
    Hugs,
    marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card,fab image and layout.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally Gorgeous love the image, thank you for joining us at the Winter Wonderland for our Teddy challenge
    Hugs and Happy New Year
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow wow wow gorgeous classy and elegant and full of Hobby House love thank you for mentioning our lovely products and for joining us for our ribbon challenge, by the way Kanda gorgeous ribbon twirling :) some one after my own heart
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Andrea. I love the sweet image and pretty flowers.
    Thanks for joining this weeks challenge at Winter Wonderland
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Andrea, such a lovely image and your 'Twirling Vine Frame' looks fabulous with the ribbon and flowers.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful colouring and an adorable image, Thanks for joining us at OBAG this fortnight

    Francesca x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kanda, This is just so darn precious. I adore this image and the way you've framed it with the ribbon and flowers is just lovely. A total winner here. Enjoy your evening.

    ReplyDelete
  10. An absolutely beautiful card, Kanda! I really love how you've entwined that gorgeous ribbon in and around those pretty flowers! Gorgeous!
    Thank you for joining us at the Hobby House Challenge and Good Luck!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this is really fabulous Andrea! I do love the twirling vine frame with the entwined ribbon - perfect with the super sweet image - a lovely card indeed!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card, love everything about it! Thanks for sharing with us at the Hobby House this month. Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a sweet image and a wonderful card! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations this week! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful card. The image is so adorable and the MB die with the ribbon swirled throughout is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi sweetie, this is absolutely stunning!! Hugs Pops xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning card. Glad Di chose to showcase this one . .. it's so pretty. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. A totally gorgeous card Andrea.
    I do LOVE Sylvias designs :)
    The embellishments are perfect and someone will be delighted to receive this.

    I do also enjoy a good clear out and do exactly the same..bin, maybe and keep. It also reminds me what stash I do have tucked away!

    Big hugs
    Elaine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. simple & very elegant....lovely!
    Thanks for joining us at My Mum's Craft Shop Challenge this time,.Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like the trellis work up the side of the card and the flowers you have created around it. A lout image too. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Kanda
    Oh! Fabulous image... So cute... Beautifully coloured.... Love it....
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card, love your layout and embellishments, thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations, hugs, Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Kanda, just saw your fab card over at the Snippets Playground hilites. Well done! Zipped over to enjoy your blog & became your newest follower. Hope you'll find time to visit me as well. Love the coloring on your bears. Looks so much like fur. The image is so very pretty against the white & lovely flowers too. I also liked your backdrop that you used for your photo. Most effective. See ya in the Playground, and TFS

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh yes, I remember this beauty with it's gorgeous swirl of ribbon and beautiful punched flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.