Pages

Monday, 15 December 2014

Christmas With Love

I'm here today with a christmas card that I made for my Dad to give his sister. I really love making cards for her not only because my she is such a wonderful person but also because my Dad is 94 and my Auntie is 92 and I must admit I get a bit of a kick out of the fact that I'm still getting the opportunity to make this card.

I wanted to make something a bit more special so I headed off to my Joanna Sheen Giordano christmas collection cd which is full of the sweetest images and picked out one of the decoupage images to print off. I used an 8x8 inch card blank and the paper is a loose sheet which was a magazine freebie (so not sure who by). The sentiment was computer printed and cut with a Spellbinders Heirloom ornament die and for the poinsettia and mistletoe I used Tattered Lace dies and the snowflake sprig is from Memory Box. Finally from my stash I added some silver gems on the flowers and sprig and a bow to the ornament.


and here's a closer look at the decoupage layers


I shall enter this in the following challenges
Live & Love Crafts challenge 'with love'
Simon Says Wednesday challenge 'bling it on'
Dies R Us challenge 'anything goes'
Pixie's Snippets Playground 'use snippets' (all the dies were cut from snippets and the bow is a snippet)
Cute Card Thursday challenge 'bells and/or bows'
That's Crafty challenge 'anything goes'
Crafting Musketeers challenge 'use bling'

Well that's it from me for now so thanks for taking the time to pop by at this busy time

13 comments:

  1. What a lovely card for your Dad to give your Auntie Andrea, wonderful ages both of them.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both fantastic ages . What a super card you have made for your Dad to give to his sister. You must have the patience of a saint to have cut out all that decoupage! Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous card Andrea, such a beautiful vintage image - perfect for your Aunt.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet scene, Kanda, and I love how you embellished it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Andrea - and so much work I should think. Obviously made with a lot of love. Great idea to add the sentiment to a die cut bauble too!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous Kanda! Love the image and your design sets it off perfectly! Great job! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘ANYTHING GOES’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Utterly lovely card Andrea. Love your pretty die cut flowers at the edge - they finish it off perfectly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card for your Aunty. Thanks for joining us for our Anything Goes Christmas' challenge #16.
    Alicia (Dies R Us DT)
    MaxiBelle Studio

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful , thank you for joining us at the Crafting Musketeers this month , Fran (DT) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a sweet vintage image xx love it Thank you for joining us over at http://craftingmusketeers.blogspot.co.uk/
    Sandie (Crafting Muskateers DT)
    http://fairytaledaydream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply superb card Andrea just adore image and die cuts, what clever work! Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet card and image. Beautiful die cuts. Thanks for joining LLC for our December challenge. Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year!

    Hugz, Sandy
    Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  13. love this card thank you for joining us at crafting musketeers from DT member Anthony paterson

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.