Pages

Monday, 7 September 2015

Butterfly.... and A for Archway

Mrs A's Butterfly challenge really taxed my brain this fortnight and I almost gave up but when sorting through some toppers I found one from The Hobby House and it has the required A for 'archway'.

I fussy cut the topper to show the archway off a bit better and layered it onto a Marianne Design 'circlet' die. The paper is from Prima 'fairy belle' collection and the ribbon. flowers. butterfly and silver peel-off corners are from my stash. I used a Sakura glitter glaze pen for highlighting on the topper.





I shall enter this in the following challenges

Butterfly challenge 'butterfly + A is for archway'
Pixie's Snippets Playground challenge 'use snippets' die cut from a snippet of card
Allsorts challenge 'lots of layers'
The Ribbon Girl challenge 'add flowers'
Papertake Weekly challenge 'anything goes' my 2nd entry
Cuttlebug Mania challenge 'anything goes'
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper challenge 'use patterned paper'
Scrap & Craft challenge 'butterflies'
Live & Love Crafts challenge 'photo inspiration'

Thanks for dropping by and I hope you're all having a good start to the week. I'm off to sort out my unused stash for Darnell's super NBUS challenge which starts tomorrow... it's sure to be a lot of fun and she has some amazing sponsors lined up so why not pop over to have a look.

23 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Andrea, such a sweet image and pretty details.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet and lovely card. Love the pretty butterfly.
    Thanks for taking part in the Butterfly Challenge.
    Hugs Anne ,GD

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute and adorable! I almost gave up on this one too but came through at the 11th hour! I like toppers too - I don't always feel like colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Andrea . . . LOVE the look of this gorgeous card. Very pretty and beautifully cut and coloured (sounding like a hairdresser now!).

    There's a game of tag going on in the Playground . . . so you might have to run for it sharpish!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is precious. All teddy bears just melt my heart, but all your embellishment really helped to bring this couple to life. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Andrea! Giggling here at Sarn's comment - did you run then?! I'm here really in my Cuttlebug Mania DT hat - absolutely gorgeous card! Such a sweet image and it makes a darling wedding card with the pretty flowers and butterfly. Perfect!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful Andrea. Wonderful card. Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  8. It just goes to show what you can unearth with a good rummage. This was well spotted and fits my archway requirement perfectly. I love your design. Thankyou for fluttering by my challenge.
    Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think she taxed us all with the arch Andrea, but this looks to fit the bill perfectly and it's just the sweetest image. Also perfect layers for Allsorts, thanks so much for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely card and such a cute topper. I think Mrs A tested us all with this challenge!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Andrea
    Wow! I love your beautiful card - stunning!
    Eve xx
    P.S I'm staying clear of the playground for a bit as last time I played tag with Sarn I fell over and scraped my knee!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So lovely and adorable card, beautiful soft colours and lovely layers.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts, welcome again;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so gorgeous, Thank you for joining in with us at Scrap & Craft, Good Luck
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable card, sweet image and love those corners.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Lots of Layers' challenge this week and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful creation! Thank you for entering our challenge at Allsorts, hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card Andrea, love the sparkly highlights,Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh so sweet and lovely! A gorgeous card!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a sweet card..saw you over in Di's playground :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on being one of Sarn's picks this week. Your card really is a beauty. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a cute card with lovely detail. Thank you for sharing at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper. Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Andrea,
    a very sweet weding card. The teddy couple is so adorable! At the same time elegant with the roses and bow. Great take on LLC's photo inspiration collage; thanks for joining in!

    Hugz, Sandy
    Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.