Pages

Tuesday, 8 September 2015

CAS NBUS

Good Morning to you all and even though the weather may not be smiling on us I reckon it's going to be a day full of fun as Darnell has opened up the door to her Playhouse and is inviting us to take part in her Fifth NBUS challenge which runs up until 11.55 pm PST on 18 September 2015.... And she has lined up the most amazing sponsors too


Darnell had made a fabulous card which you can see here using Memory Box dies using 'Pine border outline' and also the backing die, As soon as I saw it I remembered I had the very same NBUS MB outline die stashed away in the cupboard and knew that I would have to use it for this challenge.

My card is a pre-cut base layered with a piece of gold mirri-card and as I only have the outline die and not the backing die I thought it would be best to cut the trees 3 times with the white being the backing so that I could inlay the gold and green. Now it wasn't until I'd actually cut the die that I realised how tiny some of the bits were and was so glad that I'd at least remembered to first attatch the card to a 'stick-it' sheet. After (finally) managing to piece it together I was not going to risk stamping the sentiment so after a rummage I found a gold peel-off to use.

When I looked at the leftover bits of card the negative bit of green card looked quite straight so I decided to make a tag using the white outline and a snippet of hammered effect card. The (positive) green tree outline has been put away for a later project and the other bits went in the bin!





I shall enter these in the following challenges

Darnells' NBUS challenge #5 (use your never-before-used-schtuff)

Pixie's Snippets Playground challenge 'use up your snippets' this is my second skip over to play

Less Is More Colour challenge 'green & gold'  the card

Sparkles Christmas challenge 'oh christmas tree'

and I'm also paying my last visit to Cuttlebug Mania challenge  ' Anything goes'


Thanks for popping by today and I will probably be seeing a lot of you in Darnell's Playhouse or over in Pixie's Playground.

33 comments:

  1. I love how you've used that wonderful tree die - both positive and negative aspects - a beautiful card and tag!! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow you have used that die beautifully. LOVE it! Thanks so much for joining in over at Darnell's using your NBUS. Good luck. Kylie - Happy Little Stampers xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this die and the pretty card and tag you've made with it! The gold adds the perfect touch of elegance too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous work here Andrea, love them both and amazing die and colours used.xx
     {The Journey Is The Start  aNNie  my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blogger playing silly devils with me so having another go Andrea. You tree Christmas card is very elegant and such a great tip to use the negative on a tag.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful card and tag. It's always nice if you can make two items from one. This card is a total class act as is the tag. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVING this die . . . seen it used a few times this week. GREAT card and tag Andrea.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Andrea - as Sarn says, this seems to be the die of the week! One of my faves and great fun that we made such similar cards. Made me giggle and as you say, great minds and all that :)

    A thought, you could also enter this beauty into Cuttlebug Mania, it's 'Anything Goes' at the minute!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning and striking with a great combo of dies and challenges.
    Great to see you've used some NBUS! Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, yet so simple. I have this die and need to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply gorgeous! Love the card and tag - so clean and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this......I have the same die, but haven't used it with mirri card. Such a great effect. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Andrea.
    I have been tagged by Jane/Journal over at the snippets playground so now your are IT, and have to tag another playground pal.
    Wonderful cards, and what a great die.
    Love the lovely trees, and your wonderful mirri matting.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card and tag, love the tree design
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  15. A fabulous card Andrea, such a great idea to use the negative die cut to make a tag.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is perfectly CAS and festive, plus a darling matching tag using the negative die cut is awesome. Thanks for playing along with the NBUS
    challenge. Hugs Bev (Uniko) x

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! This die is going to the top of my list! The green and gold is so elegant and I love how you made a tag from the leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely gorgeous! Both so elegant looking - I love this die cut! What a clever idea to make the tag with the negative.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous - I love how you've used the negative to make the tag to go with it
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh this is just the cutest card ever what a lovely image and just perfect for our challenge over at “ Sparkles Christmas Challenge " Oh Christmas Tree“ good luck and hope to see you again next time Dt Member Sandra H xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. A fab card and tag - I love this die and have added it to my growing 'wish list'!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oooohhh, so pretty! Love this idea for Christmas cards and tags!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This die is really getting around Blogland! (I just saw your's and Di's over at the Playground!) Thank you, Andrea, for linking back to my card using it and, of course, for playing in my NBUS Challenge #5! I really love your gorgeous card and tag! It really is hard not to use both the positive and negative sides of this amazing die!! I appreciate your support!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great job using this die! Your card is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love this die set, your card for LIM looks wonderful!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  26. Both are stunning, perfect for our challenge. Very clever way to use the negative. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Christmas Caz DT

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love this die and love your creations with it!
    Thank you for joining our colour challenge
    Anne
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great use of that die (I really must use mine!) and I love the deep green with the gold.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such a beautiful card and tag!
    Thank you for joining Cuttlebug Mania this time!

    Hugs,
    Swissie

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful card! I love when you can make something with the negatives and extras and your tag is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What fabulous use of that lovely die, it's a beautiful card and clever use of the negative to make the tag, love them both

    Thanks for joining Sparkles Christmas challenge this month

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  32. A particularly beautiful set of cards. Beautiful and elegant.
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.