Pages

Wednesday, 16 September 2015

Covered Notepad

Hi everyone and first off I'd like to say a big welcome to my new follower Kevin of McCrafty's Cards. The internet connection has been a bit iffy (technical term) so please excuse me for not having got back to see you all over the last couple of days.

When I went in our local Sainsburys last week I spied some notepads being sold off at the bargain price of 20p each so of course had to put a few in my trolley. This is an A7 size so not too big a job to cover and I went for an autumnal theme for my first play.

I stencilled the card intended for the cover with Memory Box stencil 'texture brilliant' and an assortment of inks, snipped it by hand so that I could put it through the wired top and then tied some yarn (that had been bought for a crochet project) around it. One of my favourite dies is the Memory Box 'chloe stem' as it's so versatile - use it as a single stem, in clusters, add pearls and so on - so I always have a few cut in white card ready for use and I just coloured a couple of them with Promarkers and trimmed to fit behind some flowers with a button added to the centre. Finally I added a couple of butterflies. So all in all just a bit of fun with snippets and stash.




and a close up to show the butterflies a bit better

I shall enter this in the following challenges

Butterfly challenge 'butterfly + Y for yarn'

Pixie's Snippets Playground challenge 'use snippets'

Allsorts challenge 'buttons'

Our Creative Corner challenge 'shades of autumn'

As You Like It challenge 'favourite die and why'

Creative Card Crew challenge 'fall'

Simon Says Wednesday challenge 'die crazy'

Scrap & Craft challenge 'butterflies'

19 comments:

  1. A fabulous notebook - great for small 'just because' gifts!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely inkiness Andrea, one of my favourite stencils as well, it's bursting with Autumn.

    Pleased Kevin has linked up, we all love our visits from him.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Andrea, what a sweet little book, and a bargain too!
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous Andrea, your background is gorgeous, perfect for your lovely flower and butterflies.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well a bit of fun turned into a fabulous creation, especially love the background stencil.

    Thank you for joining in our buttons challenge this week at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love pretty notebooks and this one fits the bill nicely. I really like the background stencil and lovely autumnal colours. Pretty butterflies too.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! I love those butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous Andrea! Perfect for snippets - and Mrs A is gonna love it too!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE LOVE LOVE this Andrea. What stencil have you used? It looks fabulous. I also love how you've used the Chloe stem die in the background too.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Creative Card Crew.
    Hugs
    Cathy DT Member
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your journal is so prety. I must confess that I have a love of journals. I like to use them for keeping track of blogging and challenges. IT is always nice to have a pretty one and yours is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I love this! The colors, the design are all fab. I also love your very versatile die, so perfect for your design. Thanks so much for sharing with us at AYLI Challenge! Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous notebook, clever creation.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is brilliant. I love the cover you have made. Just can't workout how you have attached so perfectly. Super use of the yarn too. Thankyou for fluttering by #38. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Waw this looks so very gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at As You Like It Challenge! Hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, wow! This is super pretty! I love that background! Thanks so much for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really pretty altered notepad! Thanks so much for joining my challenge at Our Creative Corner. Julia x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.