Pages

Sunday, 1 January 2017

Crazy Dog and Christmas Leftovers

Happy New Year everyone
 
I do hope you are all well and have made lots of new years resolutions that you can keep..... well for a couple of days at least. The only one I've made is to buy lots of new crafty goodies 'cos I know that's one resolution I CAN keep for the whole year!!

Despite the awful weather today I'm starting this year with fingers crossed and oodles of optimism.... hubby is feeling much better today although not quite rid of the germs..... I've not caught it off him (touching wood while I type this)..... and Dad is due out of hospital this afternoon.

Anyways enough of my waffling on, here's the card I made for Dad's 96th birthday using brand new goodies, old goodies and snippets. The new goodies are the Tim Holtz Crazy Dogs stamps and dies and some Tim Holtz distress crayons. I stamped the dog onto Daler Rowney mixed media card and used the distress crayons and water to colour the main body and aquamarkers for the pink ears and tongue and blue collar. I used the distress crayons straight onto the image and used a waterbrush to spread the colour but have since tried running the crayon onto an acrylic block and picking it up from there with a waterbrush which I found much easier. The embossed background is an Embossalicious folder matted onto some leftover coloured card and I die-cut a couple of circles (must treat myself to some balloon dies) to add the sentiments from gold peel-offs and hand written with gold pen.



I shall enter this in the following challenges

Pixies Snippets challenge 'use snippets' coloured card for matting and snippets for the die cuts
Allsorts challenge 'something new'
Tuesday Morning Sketches challenge 'anything goes'
Penny Black and More challenge 'anything goes'
Country View challenge 'anything goes;
Winter Wonderland challenge 'for someone special / happy new year'
Sparkles Monthly challenge 'happy birthday'


and here are the christmas leftovers - a very CAS card using LOTV toppers and a Clearly Besotted sentiment stamp, which I'm entering this into Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas challenge 'anything goes as long as it's christmas'


Thanks for your visit today and I hope you enjoy the rest of the holiday and have a great start to the new year.

23 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Kanda - your Dad's card is adorable and he will love it - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think I'll go along with that new year resolution Andrea, nice one !!

    Lovely card for your Dad and sure he will love it and pleased to hear he will be coming our of hospital.

    Many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More and Allsorts challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, Love, Love your Dad's card. Your two left overs (or early for next year) are just stunning. Happy New Year. Good wishes to your Dad and Hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Andrea
    what a brilliant resolution - love it!
    Also love your adorable card which I'm sure your dad will love too!
    Hope hubby and dad get well soon.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    Eve xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo i love these crazy dogs - they remind me of mine ;-), i'm loving your new year's resolution too !!, luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous dog stamp - love his expression!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is fantastic Andrea. Those crazy dogs are such fun. I'm sure it will make your Dad smile. I hope he continues to improve and hope your hubby will soon be better too. Wishing you all a happy, peaceful and healthy 2017. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card.
    The card also fits our challenge at the Sweet Stampers, a new challenge blog.
    I hope to see you.
    http://sweetstamperschallenge.blogspot.de/
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards Andrea, I love the TH Crazy Dogs and your design is fabulous. Your Christmas cards are gorgeous - beautiful scenes.
    I'm so pleased that your husband is on the mend and I hope your Dad left hospital as expected.
    Wishing you and your family a very happy New Year.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Andrea, love the image and the CAS design.
    Glad to hear that things are improving and hope that you do not get too badly infected.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous creations Andrea, hope all is doing well with you and your loved ones.Your creation is beautiful and thank you for entering our challenge theme of SOMETHING NEW, at Allsorts Challenges, do hope to see you again. ♥
    [aNNie DT for Allsorts Challenges]

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy 96th birthday to you dad!! That's wonderful!! And a wonderful card you made him!!
    Thanks for playing along at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
    Debbie
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant card Andrea - your Dad will love it for sure! I do so love those stamps, they on my NY resolution list :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally cool card for your Dad...bet he will love it.

    Your two Xmas cards look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A great collection of cards Andrea, I love the crazy dog one and the CAS cards too. Happy New Year.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely birthday card!!! I love Tim's dogs too :-) Great colouring and happy birthday to your Dad! Thank you for joining the January challenge of the Country View Challenges blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous birthday card! Thank you for joining us at Country View Challenges this month!

    ReplyDelete
  18. such a fabulous birthday card for your dad! wow, 96?! i love the embossed background.

    ReplyDelete
  19. oops, sorry, i forgot to say thank you so much for playing along with us at penny black and more! on heavy pain meds for new knee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 314 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for January - I'd love to see it there too x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those Christmas LOTV toppers are so pretty and your cards are lovely.

    Your Dad's birthday card is fabulous The dog is so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Brilliant birthday card for yr Dad & I love yr Xmas cards xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is really lovely!

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.