Pages

Wednesday, 25 January 2017

Getting Inky

This month is certainly racing by and life seems to be getting in the way of crafting but when I came across an MDF plaque that I've had for ages I decided I should have a go at getting inky. First I gave it a coating of gesso and then used Aquamarkers to add a touch of colour before getting out the stencils and inks. I added some Sarntangle stamping which I coloured with Promarkers and then continued with some JOFY stamps. To finish off I added a pearl, butterfly and some Stickles to the hearts. I'm not sure what I think of it - probably because it's so different from my usual - but at least there's one less thing collecting dust in the cupboard now!



and here's a couple of close-ups



I shall enter this in the following challenges

Country View challenge 'anything goes'
Simon Says Wednesday challenge 'anything goes'
Love to Create challenge 'anything creative / mixed media goes'



9 comments:

  1. This is really pretty Andrea, lovely colours and lots of pretty details.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahoo . . . lovely to see the Sarntangles come out to play. Great looking plaque.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, so many different elements and very well put together.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Sarn tangles mixed with the Jofy stamps. They look perfect with each other. spotted the butterfly too. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your plaque looks gorgeous Andrea. I love the colours and all the stamps work so well together. You're lucky to have some of Sarn's stamps. I've also begun the year trying to use stuff up too. Your project looks great. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great plaque...Lots of lovely details and textures. Thanks for joining in with our anything goes challenge over at Country View x Jane DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. The background of your plaque is fab. Lots of details. I love it. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything goes challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely ! Thank you so much for joining us over at Country View Challenges !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous project, the colours are beautiful and I love all the little details too. Thanks so much for joining us at We Love 2 Create this time
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.