Pages

Saturday, 28 January 2017

NBUS and Hidden Words

Hi everyone, I'm here with another NBUS (never-before-used-schtuff) card and I've also made it entirely from snippets. The card base is a piece that was left over from another project, as were the pieces of card I used for stamping and die-cutting. The NBUS items are a fabulous Penny Black stamp 'daffodil dance' and the Tattered Lace word die. I took up Darnell's challenge to make a 'hidden word' card and, although I'd tried this technique once before using butterflies to create a hidden image, I'd never done it with words. Mmmm.... I think I just about managed to get away with it this time, but next time I try this I'll definitely need to think more about the stamp I use and word placement so the word doesn't get too 'hidden'



The white arc you can see is a reflection from something and not on the card


So I'm heading over to Darnell's NBUS challenge with my NBUS and hidden word


then I'm skipping over to see Miss Di and the Playmates at Pixie's Snippets Playground with my snippets






and finally I shall enter this in

Winter Wonderland challenge 'spring fever - flowers, sunshine, romance'

Penny Black and More challenge 'anything goes'

Penny Black Saturday challenge 'anything goes'



That's it from me today... I'm off to do some much needed housework and then make a 1st birthday card (which as usual I've left until last minute). Thanks for popping by today and I hope you have a great weekend.

17 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Andrea and I think the balance of the hidden word is perfect! I felt very unsure when I made my first card using this technique but I do think the object is to make the recipient look more closely :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card looks fabulous Andrea. I've not tried this technique before. You've really hit the mark with this lovely card. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very pretty delicate card. Gorgeous spring flowers
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very pretty Andrea and it reminds me that Spring is just around the corner. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Andrea, this looks fantastic. I really want to have a go at this technique, only one more day if I'm going to make the NBUS challenge.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card and your hidden word looks perfectly placed to me.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great job you have made of the hidden message, along with a lovely image makes one super CAS card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a beautiful card, Andrea....love your hidden word! I'm loving die-cut sentiments at the moment, might need to get that one xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a lovely card Andrea, such a pretty image.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wonderful card Andrea, it gives that special feeling of the spring warmth.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooo what a stunner hun and i've never used this technique before, but i think i will look into it and give it a go, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just beautiful and with the added interest of the hidden words. A fab card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black & More. Lynn x DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card for our challenge this month Andrea, thanks so much for joining in at Penny Black and More.

    Thanks also for your kind words the other day, a difficult decision and post so they meant a lot to me.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh, LOVE this Andrea. Its a very pretty Spring card xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Real spring flowers! I love those. It's a very sweet card you have made. Thanks for joining us over at the Winter Wonderland.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card - love the hidden sentiment!
    Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, Andrea, I think your image is perfect for this technique! Your hidden words are hidden "just" right! I mean, IMHO! And I really love those daffodils! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #9 and for joining in the optional theme!! Thank you, too, for your kind get well comments! I'm doing really well, considering! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.