Pages

Sunday, 12 March 2017

And A Twosome To Follow

After my trio of cards on Friday all I've managed for today is a twosome and the first is using the Penny Black 'hello friend' stamp set. I stamped the image and sentiment and then used a circle die to cut out the balloon part of the image which I coloured with Promarkers. After sticking the stamped card to a leftover piece of paper and then on to a base card I popped the circle back in place using some sticky pads.





I shall enter this in the following chalenges

Time Out challenge 'love and/or friendship with the option of spotlight stamping' It's their 3rd Birthday Party

Penny Black and More challenge 'anything goes'   my 2nd entry

As You Like It challenge 'favourite stamp brand and why'   my2nd entry
Penny Black... I just can't resist all the fabulous images


And for my twosome.... well I decided to have another go with flowers and it was as much a hair pulling excercise for me as the one I showed you in my last post. First off I embossed a piece of white card with a Craftwell 'delicate dots' folder, wrapped some light grey and white ribbon around it, then attached it to a 7 inch card base. I have a fabulous NBUS die from Tonic called 'wild vine circle' which is a set of 4 dies so can be cut in several ways and I cut 2 with centres from white card and one without the centre from silver card which I layered up (offsetting the first 2 white ones). So far, so good but then it came to the flowers and pearl spray and after I managed to get them stuck in place and hopefully looking okay I added a silver peel off corner, some gems and a bow.....  then I came to add a sentiment which I'd printed off and cut with a wavy edged circle die and I realised I'd stuck the flowers down so well that the circle wouldn't slip under them! So after a bit of thought (and a few expletives) I printed off another sentiment and cut it (freehand) into a banner which I actually think looks better than the original circle. Now I've only got another nine of those large roses to throw in the bin use in a creative way !!



and this shows the silver colour of the wreath better

I made this for the Win & Tonic February challenge and used the technique 'bling' the product 'Tonic' and the theme 'happy anything'


So that's it from me for today, I'm off to have a bit of a spring clean and sort through my folders of digi stamps and get them all backed up. Hope you all have a great week.



14 comments:

  1. Hi Andrea...you are in a very productive phase at present, and what you are creating is fabulous! I love your spotlighting on your first card, and the design...something i have yet to have abash at (ad to list spotlighting)....and your second card, hair pulling it may have been but it turned out so well and yes i think the banner die is better than your would have been circle....so all's well that ends well. Hope all good with you and over the pond...no news in that direction for me :( Take care, hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two really lovely cards Andrea. The silver wreath on the second card looks perfect with the flowers and I really like the spot colouring idea on the first card. A great duo. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your splashes of colour. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beautiful cards but I must choose the first one as my favorite: GREAT use of spotlight technique! This stamp was perfect for it! I love the overall layout too. Thanks for joining our birthday party at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two fabulous cards Andrea, such a fun image and lovely CAS design on the first one. The second one is beautiful, very elegant and your banner sentiment looks perfect.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two wonderful cards Andrea, love the image and the CAS design on the first card and love the wreath in silver and the lovely flower display, I can not do them at all, mine are always rubbish.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards Andrea, love doing the technique on your first card.xx ♥[aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your fun spotlight balloons, Andrea! And your oopsy card ended up turning out so amazing! You are a hoot!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two super creation Andrea, the spotlight on the first really pops
    and the second is so elegant, many thanks for joining us again at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous creations Andrea. Thank you for sharing your gorgeous work with us at Penny Black and More this month.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute card and I too love PB stamps, Thanks for joining in with our challenge at As You Like It,
    hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you have some hair left!

    Beautiful results. I really love that Penny Black card.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous and pretty card. And the other one too!
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black and more;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card, love the fun pb stamp.
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More 'Anything Goes' challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.