Pages

Monday, 15 May 2017

Ring a Ring o' Roses

I do love old nursery rhymes and this one possibly comes from the Great Plague, but whatever it's origins I can't get the tune out of my head after seeing it as a challenge theme.... so I had no option but to join in. I used the very last two of my large roses (still got a big tin of other flowers to start on now) and the wonderful sentiment is from Penny Black.



I shall enter this in the following challenges

Allsorts challenge 'ring a ring o' roses'

Country View challenge 'flower power'

That's Crafty challenge 'back to black'

The Ribbon Girl challenge 'any type of card'

Rubber Dance challenge 'rule of three' - I used 3 roses, 3gems, 3 die-cuts


I was a bit late heading over to the Playground last fortnight so I thought I'd better get my act together this time around and I had a play with some snippets of LOTV papers and mirricard along with some LOTV artpad toppers. The embossing folder is Tattered Lace and the 'joy' die is Penny Black.



I shall enter these in the following challenges

Pixie's Snippets Playground challenge 'use snippets'

Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas challenge 'anything goes christmas + option a tree or two'



 And my fnal card is a LOTV image coloured with my usual Promarkers.



I shall enter this in the following challenges

Passion for Promarkers challenge 'bingo'  I went polka dots / kraft / dies

Fab 'n' Funky challenge 'kids and teenager birthdays'


Well it's a wet start to the week here and the forecast is for more of the same for the next few days.... oh well, at least I won't have to rush out to buy a new watering can now! Thanks for popping by today and I hope you all have a great week.

22 comments:

  1. Hello Mrs Production line...fabulous creations. love the different first card...I think my mum who will be 97 next month would agree with the sentiment...lol. You seem to be doing rather well at 'using up' your stuff too...pat on the back...come and play here and help me do the same. Your Christmas (sshhhh) cards are brilliant. simple and stylish and the last card..well wow that colouring and a fab design. Encore my friend and take a bow :) I have got my knickers in aright knot this morning trying to link to challenges...and only a couple at that I might add! Hope the week is good to you.....take care . Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely selection of cards her Andrea! Especially love the snippets ones of course, but the others are gorgeous. Love the LOTV Art Pads for quick cards too :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great male card, Andrea! Adorable image and that twine makes such a good alternative to ribbon. Thanks for sharing this with us at Passion for Promarkers. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards Andrea. The sentiment on the top one made me smile and I love the teenage boys card. Fab design.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A real feast for the eyes again Andrea and what a busy bee you have been.

    You are spot on about the plague connection, apparently the Roses dulled the stench !!

    Your Allsorts card has a very classic feel to it and the red is really striking against the white and black, many thanks for joining us this week.

    Well impressed with your stash of Christmas cards, I really should make a start but too many other things keep getting in the way. And your LOTV creation is so sweet, it's a lovely image.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you have been busy KandA! Your top card is fabulous, and so true lol. The red against the black and white is so striking - love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Country View Crafts, and also at Rubber Dance, it's the perfect card for both Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous cards Andrea, the first one is so elegant - a beautiful design.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great batch of cards Andrea, love the roses and that fabulous sentiment xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute card Andrea and your colouring of this gorgeous image is fab! I love this layout as well - a really great masculine card! Thanks for joining in with our special Anniversary challenge at Passion for Promarkers this week and good luck in the draw! Hugs, Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A super collection of cards Andrea.
    Love the black and white which shows off the gorgeous shade of red of the roses and a lovely shape of the backing die.
    Sorry if I have not commented on your cards of the past week or so but I have been on holiday.
    Thank you for joining in our 'Roses' challenge this week at Allsorts

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have been busy, Andrea! Sweet boy's card - love the kraft, cute image and simple design. Thanks for playing along with our Anniversary challenge at Passion for Promarkers! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous display Andrea, love them both.xx ♥[aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful card Andrea! The roses are wonderful and the sentiment is fab!!! Thank you for playing along in the Rubber Dance challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 333 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for May - I'd love to see it there too x

    ReplyDelete
  15. :-))) Such a fabulous card!

    Thank you so much for joining our challenge at Fab'n'Funky! Good luck :-)))
    Troppo Stella DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous 13th card, super cute!... Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week :)
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well done with all the cards and creativity, Andrea! My favorite is the first one! That sediment made me laugh out loud!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  18. A great selection of cards, your roses look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such wonderful cards Andrea, the tune has been in my head too :) So glad you decided to join us this week at Allsorts!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, What a super arrangement of cards. Loving the deep red rosse on the first card. Well it has certainly been a wet one today. The bottom of the garden could pass for a duck pond right now. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh NO! Now that song is in my head!!! lol. Your roses card is classical in design, and absolutely stunning.
    Thank you for joining us at Rubber Dance.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so beautiful, Andrea! I love the colours and the roses.
    Thank you for joining the Rubber Dance Challenge!
    Hugs, Anita x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.