Pages

Friday, 9 June 2017

Butterfly and Birthdays

Morning everyone. I don't know about you but when Mojo goes missing I look for challenges to help inspire me and my card today was inspired by themes of blue + white, bugs / butterflies, dies and last but not least birthdays. Two of the challenges are celebrating birthdays..... Penny Black and More is 7 and AAA Cards is 3.... Congratulations and 'Happy Birthday' to them both.

I stamped a Tim Holtz butterfly, coloured it with Promarkers and stamped a HLS sentiment from the 'mix mash' set. Then I used a die from Die-namics 'surf n turf' set to cut down one edge and stuck a strip of blue card behind so that it would fit a C6 card blank. I (accidentally) reversed the thin bit of the die-cut but luckily it looks okay. I've not added anything else as I want to keep it CAS and flat for posting, although I may add a touch of glitter to the wings - what do you think?



I've made this for the following challenges

Penny Black and More challenge 'anything goes' 

AAA Cards challenge 'birthday'



Double D challenge 'blue and white'


Happy Little Stampers Dies challenge 'anything goes'

Passion For Promarkers challenge 'birds, bugs and butterflies'

CASology challenge 'insect'


Thanks for popping by and I hope you all have a great weekend

23 comments:

  1. Beautifully created and perfect for our blue and white challnge at Double D...thank you for joining us! (my mojo has left too..sigh)
    Diane DD DT
    {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty blue butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful simple card. Thanks for joining Passion for Promarkers. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, the same here challenges or many hours on pinterest!! This is a beautiful card Andrea and I actually like the gorgeous butterfly as it is. Love the splash of blue. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the cut away portion...that was a great idea. The butterfly is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card Andrea, such a pretty butterfly and fabulous CAS design.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super CAS design and a lovely butterfly, great card.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous layout, loving that curvy strip and the gorgeous butterfly. And yes go with the glitter, never can have too much sparkle in life! Thanks for joining in with AAA Cards 3rd birthday celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm very late getting here Andrea, not sure where my time is going. It's such a stylish card with that beautiful Butterfly, many thanks for joining in our June challenge at Penny Black and More.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card Andrea, gorgeous butterfly.xx [aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super elegant and CAS and love the design you've used here. Neat and clever and thanks for playing along in our 3rd Birthday celebrations at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is so cool ... love the design! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Blue & White’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous butterfly card. Yeah - go ahead and add some bling to the butterfly wings! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A pretty CAS butterfly card. Thanks for joining in with my challenge at Passion for Promarkers this week, Shelly DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. A wonderful, monochromatic design! I love the wavy line accent!
    Thank you so much for joining us over at CASology! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. A lovely CAS card Andrea and I love the design. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. A beautiful CAS card Andrea. I love the butterfly image and your colouring is amazing. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's what I do, too, Andrea! Thank goodness for the challenges to light our fires as they did for you here! It's a terrific design! Hope you are feeling well! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card Andrea, great design.xx [aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful designed creation, very creative, for our current challenge, lovely colours too...hope to see you next challenge.. Double D Challenges{DT aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  21. That butterfly is really striking coloured blue, it looks beautiful, fab card x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just spotted this buterfly as I was commenting on the post above . Nearly missed seeing it . Fab card with the wave. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely CAS card, pretty butterfly stamp.
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More @ Allsorts and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.