Pages

Saturday, 29 July 2017

Male and Floral

After sorting through all my digis the other week I thought it was time I did the same with my stamps and have finally got them in some sort of order. I was hoping to find Mojo hiding in the back of the cupboard ready to come and have a play but no such luck! Still I did manage to get a couple of cards made using some of my older stamps and I've found a mountain of NBUS stamps which I've put out ready to ink up.

For my first card I used a LOTV stamp coloured with Promarkers and chalks. As Mojo wouldn't come to play I found a super sketch to follow and used a loose sheet of paper (so not sure of make), some snippets of card and a length of twine. I left it without a sentiment for the time being as I reckon this would be fine for a birthday or retirement or even father's day.



This is heading over to

Penny Black and More challenge 'for the boys'

Tuesday Morning Sketches challenge 'sketch + stamped image'




I just got a pot of Ranger gold embossing powder and wanted to try it out so I reached out for the nearest piece of card (which had been dry embossed using an Embossalicious folder on one corner) and used a Uniko stamp from the Pure Florals Gerbera set. I decided to try and make it up into a card so used some thick (Hunkydory I think) patterned card as a base card then added a gold peel-off sentiment, stick on butterfly and some pearls. When I asked Hubby for his opinion he replied 'pretty'.... so hopefully it didn't turn out too bad although I'm still not sure about not colouring the flower.




This is for

Uniko challenge 'flowers'

Stamping Sensations challenge 'anything with flowers'


That's it from me for now, hopefully I can motivate myself to get a bit more creative as I've got some fabulous new stamps to have a play with as well as some more Mo Manning digis printed off and waiting to be coloured. Thanks for popping by today and I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend.


19 comments:

  1. Two gorgeous cards Andrea. Love the lotv stamp on the top one and the pretty little butterfly on the second
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two really lovely cards Andrea, a lovely LOTV image and great colouring and design, like you say suitable for quite a few sentiments/
    Love the gold flower and the lovely EF, super CAS card.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely darling. That image is so sweet. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two really lovely cards Andrea. I love the colours on the first card and the little tags are a super embellishment. You're right it would work for lots of occasions. The gold embossing powder looks like a good buy. It's a very pretty card and I think the flowers look perfect as they are. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards Andrea, you can always rely on a great Sketch to give the mojo a boost. Love the little LOTV guy, he is one of my "go to" stamps for a chap. The gold embossed detail looks beautiful on the second, really opulent xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two stunners Andrea, both different but gorgeous.xx [aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two super cards Andrea, a great masculine design and the second one is gorgeous - so elegant.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are both gorgeous, Andrea! I like the fact that you left the flower uncoloured, the gold embossing is beautiful against the white. Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations for our floral theme.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet image of the little boy. I love the softness in the plaid paper and the background matching your scene so well. Thanks for sharing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two fabulous cards, Andra! I love the colours and the boy in the first one! I love the gold and the butterfly in the second! Kisses, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is adorable!! I love your boy napping image!!
    Thanks for playing along at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
    Debbie
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super creations Andrea, I always love seeing that LOTV image and the floral card is very elegant, many thanks for joining us at penny Black and More and Stamping Sensations challenges this month.

    I had a good clear out in my craft room the other day as well as that usually works in bringing my mojo out of hiding but no such luck, there a real drought going on here.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think the flower looks gorgeous without any added colour, really pretty card. Thanks for playing at Uniko.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Andrea...you sound like me...piles of new stuff and no motivation! I have become a collector not a creator! Love your cards though and I really like your design of the second card with the 'nude' flower...lol Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the darling boy image!! Adorable card. The butterfly card is stunning!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card for a boy or a man, you can easily add sentiment later.
    Beautiful embossed card too.
    Thank you for sharing your creativity over at Penny Black and more Challenge;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  17. Two very different cards, that Lili of the Valley image was one of the first I bought and I still love it.
    I'm in the middle of sorting out my stuff too, your Mojo will come back and Sketches are great when you need some layout ideas
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  18. such a sweet image and a great sketch; perfect for our masculine theme. thank you so much for playing along with us at the penny black and more challenge!
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Andrea

    Two great cards .. .. nothing like a good sketch to get your creative juices flowing again.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.